he last several weeks and months have been crazy for me! I see that I haven’t really posted a real post since December 18, 2009. Well, seeing as I have in the past posted my New Year’s resolutions I suppose I should do that:
- Read a book a month
- Read through the Bible in a year
- Finish my BA in Communications
- Concentrate on health and fitness
- Journal on a regular basis (4x a week)
Now, I have five resolutions. How am I going to keep them?
1. Well, first off, I need to have a reading plan:
January: Hudson Taylor Biography
February: Amy Carmicheal Biography
March: Pride and Prejudice (read with Tiffany)
2. I have selected this reading plan in order to read through my Bible in a yearhttp://thebible.net/read/chron.pdf This will allow me to read through chronologically. I saved the file on my desktop so that it is easily accessible.
3. Need to focus on this resolution (getting my degree) for the first half of the year. I do believe that it is doable. This must be completed no later than: 6/1/2009. In order to complete this:
- I must complete LSU courses (by February)
- I must complete 2 TESC courses
- Apply for graduation and possibly apply for an extension for enrollment.
- I also am trying to take the Public Relations TECEP instead of having to take Leadership Communications.
4. Health and Fitness
I ordered Fun Physical Fitness For the Home by Sono Sato Harris and I also ordered Awake! Aware! Alive! Exercises for Vital Body by Lotte Berke. These two books along with walking should help to get me into shape. My goal is to exercise 5-6 times a week. 3x walking, 2-3 doing the F.P.F.F.t.H. and then always doing some of the exercises in A.A.A.
Eat more protein–its good for skin and hair as well as for health. Not only that, but add vegetables and fruits into the diet.
Water! WATER! WATER!
5. Journaling–I want to journal in a notebook and I preferably want to get a nice journal. I think I’ll start journaling in the little journal and when that is all finished I could probably afford to get myself another nicer journal!
Okay, so those are my resolutions and I have been keeping up on them pretty well. I’m not going to extremes to make sure that they get done right now because I am really focusing on getting my degree done! However, I have made some significant changes in my life so far. For one, i am almost switched back to a normal schedule of sleeping during the night and getting up during the day! 🙂 Right now the goal is to be up between 10am and 11am and hopefully be going to bed around 2am. Anyways, in order to accomplish this I moved the alarm clock and started waking up to the radio. Who knew that would work? :).
Eventually, this year, I would like to give up Soda almost completely, but we will see if that works. I would like to give up caffeine completely, but I think I would like to become a coffee drinker! 🙂 haha.
Other than that, Luke and I are moving this month, which will put a strain on school, but it will be a big blessing in the long run.
Oh, and I am reading a biography of Hudson Taylor for the month of January, and I really really like it! 🙂 I am impressed with what a man of faith and prayer he was. The whole story is convicting! Reading his biography has also inspired me to be reading more biographies of great Christians. I have to admit, I am really struggling with certain areas of my faith. I am asking big questions like “Who is God? and “Who am I in relationship to Him?”
Oh, about health and fitness, that is going well. I actually ran today! 🙂 and I loved it! Along with struggling in my walk with Christ, I have been having some emotional issues that are not really new, but I am noticing them more and more. I don’t know if its hormones or what, but my emotions are a roller coaster on some days. Last week I was very angry and I knew what I was angry at, but I couldn’t really calm down and so I was very grouchy. I felt that way today and instead of ignoring it I decided to go running. I turned up my MP3 player and I just ran. It felt so good. I wish I could keep my eyes closed when I run! Its like being in your own little world, just you and God. I don’t feel as angry when I am running and I don’t wonder as much about things. Its like everything goes away when I run. At least, it did this once. LOL, I’m sitting here making generalizations about something I’ve only tried once! Way to go Me! Whatever, I’m intent on enjoying this new activity! 🙂
Other than that, I can’t wait to be done with school, but in order to keep up I must quit blogging and starting writing out my assignment! 🙂
I’ll be back (and yes, that is a promise!) 🙂